Monday, September 14, 2015

If These Walls Could Talk

As I paint the room that was once my master bedroom, and is now a room for two little boys, I can't help but ponder the feelings that come upon me.


I plaster dents and dings. For every little thing I did to try and improve my home I also slowly watched it get torn a part around me. Part of that was my doing. And now I pay the price. For all the rage and anger taken out on these walls I have to set out on my own to patch up their scars. I can feel the energy they hold. I can feel the sadness. I can hear the stories that they tell. The stories I know all too well.


But perhaps, with a fresh coat of paint and some putty for the dings, these walls can start to tell a new story. Perhaps we can all begin fresh. We can forgive each other, and ourselves. We can continue to invite peace into our lives. And we can promise ourselves we will not destroy our hard work this time, whether it be the work on our own selves or the work we have done on the house.

To making repairs and moving forward :)

P.S. This room truly has terrible lighting, so don't judge the paint job by these photos alone. Plus I'm not completely done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment