Sunday, May 17, 2015

There Are No Shortcuts. . Just Short Haircuts

I tried to fight it. You know that urge? That urge to make some sort of drastic change to your hair when you have ended a relationship. Well, I just got divorced. That's a huge end of a relationship, and I had the urge to make drastic changes alright, but I resisted. Why? Because I have learned from cutting my hair short or getting bangs that I always end up annoyed and feeling limited.

Well I was watching Imitation Game, as well as a mother of 4 can watch a movie that doesn't have superheroes or colorful singing characters in it. And I got the urge. I saw these cute 1940's woman, pulling of this cute 1940's look. And guess what? Their hair is short. Well maybe it's my love for the 40's and 50's and my forever want to mimic that style. Or perhaps it's my boyfriends same love for these era's and the classic beauty that they hold. Whatever the reason I couldn't resist any longer. So I impulsively ran around town after my cleaning appointments and searched for someone who could cut my hair then and there. The reason for this? Not only does something impulsive have to be impulsive. But I was super excited about showing my guy the big surprise when we had our date that Monday.

See he works Friday-Monday. And since he works so far away, and doesn't have service while he's there, I am usually unable to see or talk to him for these four days. It's not my favorite thing. And this weekend I was surely missing him something terrible. I guess the thought of making a drastic change and surprising him just felt fun and exciting and sort of helped to pass the time.

So I did it. . .

Ahhhhh. . .what was I thinking? OK so like 3-4 inches of the hair they chopped off was ugly and scag looking and full of split ends. But still. . .what was I thinking?

I style it in a hurry because I have to meet my cousin really soon.

Ok it's not bad, but I don't love it. But still a 1940's bob is going to require 1940's styling and I'll have to play around with that later.

Fun at the museum with my cousin






And fun getting to see her adorable little baby. I may steal her one of these times.






The children crying and throwing fits because its closing time. Why don't we come here more?


The next day I try styling my hair with some rollers to see what fun that brings. Well guess what? It just goes into a bob again. Grrr. . .I feel so ugly. I have boring non sexy hair now. I decide this simply will not do, so I look up tips on styling 1940's hair, and I have a go at it. Finally I find some relief.

And right after I finish styling it I get a huge SURPISE!!!
My man calls and says he's on his way to see me!!!!

OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!

I was beyond excited!!!

I was missing him terribly and was really struggling with having to get through one more day. So he gets to see my new hair surprise one day early and properly stylized.

"It looks quite lovely!" He says. He's such a charmer!

P.S. I am not the only one excited to see him

P.P.S. Look at my cute little boy who made a "C" with his cookie. You know? "C" for cookie. Yeah it's random, but it happened that same day and it's cute.

So I still miss the long hair, and I am just not in love with short hair. But I am having fun.



P.S. Those pics earned me the nickname of "Pin Up Girl". This isn't the first time someone has given me that nickname.


No comments:

Post a Comment