Saturday, July 12, 2014

Remebering

Our family lost a dear family friend to brain cancer today. He's been a part of our lives since I can remember. He was a good friend to my mom before she met my dad. He is the one responsible for setting my parents up. He's always been a strong influence in my life. We're all going to miss him terribly.

Him and his wife were there at my reception. I promise they are in that group photo somewhere.

Photos courtesy of Tilt Photography
He even humored me and let me take some photos next to his car.
I will try to briefly explain the significance of this. See Pontiac came out with the first American Muscle car, in 1965 I believe (don't quote me on that). It was the GTO. Not only to I love classic muscle cars, but I have a fondness for Pontiac because my first car was a Pontiac. So I like to brag about how they made the first muscle car. They stopped making the GTO, but somewhere around the time I got got married, probably a couple years before, they started making them again. This, my friends, is one of those GTO's.

Here is another picture from my parents 30th anniversary party. Since this family friend set my parents up I liked to invite him to join us for their anniversaries. He even helped me throw them a surprise party for their 25th anniversary.


He was a good man, and he will be missed. He was always highly complementary of me, and was always shocked to find the boys weren't beating down my door.

When he got the diagnosis for brain cancer he was actually relieved. He knew it was his time and said he was ready to go. I truly admire him for this. What great courage and understanding he had. Just amazing!

This man played such a significant role in my life. I mean without him I may not even exist. Isn't it weird to think about the influence one person can have in so many people's lives? I am forever grateful for this role he played in my life. And so grateful that I myself could know him. He was an amazing person, and I'm sure he'll continue to do amazing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment